Friday, June 13, 2014

Whole30 - Day 13

I'm still truckin' right along with my June Whole30.  I found this funny timeline on what to expect while you're detoxing from all the crap you've been eating. After reading it I was fully expecting to be a big nonsensical, moody mess but I'm actually really proud of myself. The second day was the worst. I had a horrible carb hangover and couldn't think straight and seriously felt like I was in a dream. That's the best way I know to describe it. Weirdness for sure! But I started to feel better and actually really enjoy all the cooking. I don't like having to stand up for hours cooking just to clean up afterwards but my gut is thanking me everyday by not feeling like poo. I've even put together a little cookbook full of recipes from all the folks I stalk on Instagram.

Some of my fave meals:

Roasted Carrot Fries - Put olive oil, garlic, and salt in a ziploc. Add carrots to the bag and coat them well. Lay them on a cookie sheet and bake on 425 for about 20 minutes. Turning them over after 10 min.




Microwaved sweet potatoes with coconut oil and cinnamon. BOMB!




Sticking with the sweet cinnamon trend - Apples cooked in coconut oil with cinnamon sprinkles.




My favorite go-to breakfast egg scramble (2 eggs, spinach, and little sunburst tomatoes)





 photo jenn1.jpg

No comments: