Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Glitter LOVE Wall Art





The gold obsession continues! I love glitter and have been especially happy with gold lately so I decided I would make as much gold wall art as the hubs allows. After making the gold leaf wedding date wall art , I had to have something to accompany it.  "Love" came to mind because I mean wedding date, love, it naturally goes together, right.

Materials:
Canvas
Mod Podge
Glitter
Paint Brush
Chipboard Letters


If you don't have chipboard letters you could easily play with some fonts on your computer and print out a template to trace on the canvas.



After tracing the letters, I painted them white so it would stand out more. Then I put mod podge on a corner of the canvas and threw down some glitter. I work better when glittering in sections since watching tv pretty much guarantees that the mod podge will dry before I manage to finish putting the glitter on. I had to glitter the whole canvas twice because of my slow work time - there were poor little bald spots where the glue had dried before the glitter could stick.






To finish up, I painted mod podge over the entire canvas and let it dry. Easy peasy! My new wall pretties are hanging right outside my craft room door so I never enter my craft haven without seeing something pretty. Gotta love it :)





 photo jenn1.jpg

No comments: