Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Easy DIY No Sew Pom Pom Pillows

My sweet Momma and I have been slowly redecorating her house over the past year (slowly is an understatement) sticking with a nonhoarder beach-cottage type theme. Trying to add pretty colors where we can, lots of unfinished wood, and nautical/beach elements. I haven't taken too many pictures because it's a work in progress and I am constantly making decor, adding items, and moving random things around.

Wanting to add some throw pillows to her new slipcover, I made these super easy pom pom pillows. The pic below is from my house. Mom's slip cover is a soft beige, a little lighter than the pillow covers. My step-dad is a man (obvs) and since I'm making over the space for both of them, I'm trying to keep the girly pillows to a minimum. You're welcome, Tony :0)




I saw a fabulous DIY pillow from The Makerista that inspired all kinds of sweet pom pom pillow dreams. She has a tutorial that puts mine to shame.

 Materials: 
Pom Pom Trim
Scissors

I bought the faux linen pillow cover and pillow form from Hobby Lobby.  They go on sale about every two weeks making the cover only $2.49. If you want more color/size options you could also go to H&M's home section. Their pillow covers start out around $5.



As with all my projects, I started on the floor measuring out a piece of the pom trim and cutting out 12 similarly sized pieces. I didn't measure and plan out the spacing, just winged it. Fast projects are my favorite.



Starting from the bottom, I put a thin strip of Liquid Stitch and added the pom trim. I tried to space the layers evenly as possible. Because I didn't plan this out well, I did the top part of the pillow after the bottom so that I had a better idea of how much space was between the two. Makes perfect sense right?!







I made a second cover that had only two sections of the trim. The plan is to use the fabric that's in the material picture above and make two more coordinating covers....one day. 




 photo jenn1.jpg

No comments: