Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY Yarn Ball Wreath




 
You may have seen this wreath from Two Junk Chicks on Pinterest. I did and thought it would be perfect for our front door. BUT I wasn't prepared for this project at all.  I bought way too many soft cuddly yarns and wanted to use them all and now my fingers hate me.

Materials:
Wreath Form
Styrofoam Balls
Yarn
Twine
Vase Fillers/Ornaments, etc
Ribbon
Hot Glue Gun and Glue



Make a ton of yarn balls by wrapping the yarn and twine around the styro balls. This took me several hours which was ok but what I wasn't expecting was the hand cramps from holding these small styrofoam balls. I kid you not, I woke up twice last night with my hands throbbing. And I may have even woke Jared up with my whining...


Tie ribbon to the wreath first (you'll hang the it from the ribbon so make sure it's sturdy). Glue yarn balls to the wreath form and fill in gaps with sparkly vase fillers or ornaments. The End.


I think there are some places that could use some more yarn balls but that will have to wait until I can move all my fingers again. 





 photo jenn1.jpg

No comments: