Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Project 19: DIY Fringe Scarf



I'm sure everyone's seen this pin on Pinterest. The DIY fringe scarf. I was cleaning out my closet and found this glittery tee that is way too tight to be worn with dignity so I turned it into a project of course.




Cut the shirt front and back from armpit to armpit. Start fringing by cutting 1 to 2 inch strips from the bottom and pulling gently so that the strips roll slightly on the sides.


I had some large-holed beads so I added those to the strips of fabric and knotted the strips at varying levels to stagger the beads. You need lots of furbaby help with this process. Bella has great taste - she only rolls around on the expensive stuff.




It wouldn't be a tutorial without THE awkward picture.

This is a really easy project and eases the guilt from giving away your favorite tees.



Photobucket

No comments: