Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The 29 by 30 - Project 16: Magnetic Inspiration Boards



I have an awful {awfully good} obsession with buying things from Pick Your Plum and having every intention of getting crafty with it as soon as it comes in the mail. I look at their beautiful pictures of the possible things to make from their daily deals and I think I can't wait to do that. So imagine my excitement when I found 20 of those unfinished projects while organizing my craftroom.

For this project, I made magnetic inspiration boards. The original kit came with the wooden boards, magnets, and the metal sheets with adhesive strips on the back {to adhere to the wood}. I covered the wood with two different styles of washi tape - stripes and polka dots- and then put on a coat of sparkle mod podge to cover all my bases. When the wood dried, I added the metal sheet. I glued some coordinating ribbon on the backs of the boards to connect them all, adding longer ribbons on the top to tie into a ribbon. Once the hot glue cooled, I tied the bow and hung that baby up.








Photobucket

No comments: