Monday, December 10, 2012

The 29 by 30 - Project 14: Lacy Wooden Sign

Spoiler Alert: Mom, if you are reading and you don't want yet another of your Christmas surprises to be ruined, STOP READING NOW.


Is there anyone else out there like me? You buy a present and get so excited about that gift-gleam in the recipient's eye, you immediately give them the gift....a month early?


Well I've had this wooden sign for months. I bought it from Pick Your Plum (an awesome website that has daily deals for great prices) with the intention of making it gorgeous and giving it to my mom and dad for Christmas. I had a couple of ideas but none of them seemed to really strike me until I got the urge to doodle. I found this site that has a tutorial on drawing lace for fashion sketches. I'm not too sure if my attempt really looks like lace but I love how it turned out.  





Think Mom will like it?




Photobucket

1 comment:

fashion-design-course.com/ said...

Have you ever wondered about the work it takes for a garment to be produced and sold? The fashion designer may create the concept, but hosts of people get it ready for retail.