Friday, August 31, 2012

The 29 by 30 - Project 7: DIY Candy Jars

Another party decoration with multiple uses. These jars will have candy in it during Kelli's party but afterwards it will be home to Aryia's cute hair accessories, socks, whatev.

Materials:
Mason Jars
Candlesticks
Spray Paint


I bought the candlesticks and mason jars at Dollar Tree. To glue the jars to the candlesticks, I used E6000. I already had it on hand but I'm pretty sure I bought it online forever ago. Craft stores sell it as well but sometimes I'm lazy and would rather buy online.




Before spray painting, I removed the tops and took the centers out of them. I do want to add that I've read tutorials and some people sand and prime the glass and metal before they paint. I am super impatient and would rather spray 50 coats of paint than have to run out and get primer because I forgot to buy it the first time. I'm not going to lie, I had to spray paint the candlesticks a couple of times to cover all the areas equally. I did laundry while it was drying. No biggie.


After the paint dried I added a ton of E6000 to the top of the candlestick. I'm sure you can use other glues but I know E6000 works like a champ. Line up the bottom of the jar with the candlestick and press it firmly together. Lucky for me, my jars had a nice circle on the bottom that made it real easy to line up with the candlestick.



After an hour or so I put the tops on and Voila. Fantabulous Jars!!








post signature

No comments: