Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The 29 by 30 - Project 6: Baby Shower Decor {Butterfly Lanterns and a Lollipop Topiary}

The whole idea behind my decorations is to make things that Kelli can use to decorate Aryia's baby room after the shower. I was going to do one big post with all my baby shower decor but now that the shower has been postponed, my list of projects has grown quite a bit. I'll try to break them up into a couple of different project posts until we actually have the party.

Butterfly lanterns:
White paper lanterns   
Cardstock   
Butterfly punch 
Glue   


Easy Peasy. Use your craft punch to punch out the butterflies and glue to the lantern. I used glitter cardstock and LocTite that I already had on hand.  The lanterns you can find at most craft or party supply stores. I picked mine up from Hobby Lobby where you can also find the craft punch for the butterflies.

 





Lollipop Topiary:
Styrofoam ball
Tissue paper
Base  {I used a Target dollar section bucket}    
1 Bag of Dum Dums


Another easy project but it took a huge fail for me to get there. I originally started out wanting to put the styrofoam ball on a wooden dowel so it would be slightly raised from the bucket. However, that does not work when you have several pounds of lollipops in the styrofoam! Even after adding craft rocks to the bucket, the topiary fell over and the dowel ripped out. So I cussed for several minutes until the Hubs suggested I sit it on top of the bucket and have pretty tissue paper kind of wrapped around it. He's smart like that. I think it turned out cute.






I won't actually get to use any of the decorations until the end of September so until then our house will look  like a baby nursery. Sorry, Jared. I'll be back soon with pics of the DIY candy jars and yarn wreath :0)






post signature

1 comment:

debby said...

these are so pretty and unique;0) love your talent