Friday, July 27, 2012

The 29 by 30 - Project 5: Scalloped Diaper Invitations

I've been diligently pinning baby shower ideas on Pinterest in anticipation of my sister's shower in August. It's her first baby so I want this shower to be fantabulous and I'm all about overdoing every. little. thing. I'll be sharing all my different baby shower projects here as well. (Kelli - DO NOT read these!!!)

Daisy Scalloped Diaper Invitations:

I searched online for cute invitations and couldn't really find anything within a decent price that I liked so I made a template and did some old fashion tracing and cutting.




Used my new Recollections edger to punch some cute half daisies on the front flap.


Printed up a little insert (Who, Where, When) and glued it in the center.



Punched holes in the two side flaps to thread the bakers twine through. I also added a handwritten "You're Invited" tag to the twine before tying in a bow.



I'm so happy with how they turned out. I hope everyone loves them and I know my mom will be saving hers as will I.


post signature

2 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Jen,
Those invitations are so cute what a neat idea for a baby shower invite.
Congratulation to your Sister.
Therese

debby said...

I love these and yes I will be saving my invitation:) I love your creativity♥