Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fall Mini Wreaths


Here are some pics of the custom mini wreaths I've been working on. I finally managed to get them finished and take some pictures.



I'm sure you've seen plenty of the yarn wreaths but just in case you haven't and you'd like to make one, know that they are very easy but time-consuming. I'm way too impatient to take pictures for a tutorial but I promise I will on my next wreath. I always buy the straw wreaths that are wrapped tightly in clear plastic. They're easy to work with and I like the knobby looking shape after they're finished. Basically you tie the end of the yarn around the wreath. Knot it tightly and then wrap the mess out of it. Goes by quickly when you're watching tv. When I finish wrapping mine, I put a line of hot glue or LocTite on the back of the wreath and stick the end of the yarn in it. I normally cover up the glue spot with felt flowers so really it wouldn't be the "back" of the wreath but you get the idea.


You can find Mrs Priss's tutorial to make the pom pom felt flowers here. For the leaves, I wing it and cut out some leaf shapes. Pinch the end together and put a drop of glue to hold the "pinch". It doesn't have to be perfect :)


Camo yarn. You know you're in the South now. I can't remember where I found the deer silhouette. I basically googled it and then cut it out and traced it onto my felt. Cute. I mean, very manly ;)



I love these argyle wreaths. This wreath did cause me some trouble because I'm a perfectionist and had to put a dab of LocTite on all the X's so they wouldn't budge. For this wreath, I cut out the diamond shapes first and attach them to the wreath with a dab of LocTite. Wrap the orange yarn at a wide angle in one direction. When the yarn reaches the point where you started,  put a tad bit of glue to hold it in place on the back of the wreath and then start wrapping at a wide angle in the opposite direction to make an X on the top of each diamond. I made sure the diamonds stayed in place with ANOTHER dab of glue. When I reached my starting point I glued the end of the yarn to the back of the wreath. And Ta Da. The end. You have a wreath that has pretty much been glued to death :)







Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! The flower jewelry is going back to regular price and the discount code BLOG20 is no longer effective after tonight so hurry over to Jewelry by Jenn to get some Christmas presents for the cheap ;0)





post signature

1 comment:

debby said...

I really like all of the wreaths but I absolutely adore the argyle wreath!!! That is such a great design♥♥