Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Mini Vacay


Jared and I got married 4 months ago. We originally started dating 4 years ago. August 8th...but who's counting :) Every year on our dating anniversary we go to New Orleans so that's what we planned on doing for our honeymoon. Then I started to procrastinate. Which led to us not going to NOLA. The Saints' first preseason game was Friday and when I finally realized that I had forgot to book a hotel, it was too late to book anything. So then I started making a list of things that I wanted to do around Mobile: Downtown, Gulf Shores, Dauphin Island, etc. Jared even agreed to do the things on my list. If you know JD, you know that's not something that happens often...him agreeing to do stuff on one of my lists. He didn't put up a fight or anything. Easy Peasy. Then the vacation gods decided that I shouldn't be able to do CRAP and I got sick. It got so bad that I actually went to the doctor. My original list had to be cut way short. My sis-in-law and nieces even invited us to do fun stuff but instead I was laying on the couch in total agony.

On Sunday when I actually started to feel like a human again {I was going to say a normal human but who am I kidding....I'm not normal}, we went downtown to the Exploreum.  I made the mistake of asking Jared to take pictures.



Here I am trying to test my hanging strength. Under 1 minute = needs improvement. I hung on for about 10 seconds.

This is when I start to regret asking the hubs to take pictures. He took this shot and kinda mumbled "Great shot" and kept walking. Thanks a lot, sweetheart.


These two pictures (above and below) are prime examples of our competitiveness. Test your reaction time by placing your hand on a button and when the screen starts counting down you're supposed to move your hand as quickly as possible. We stood at this machine for about 10 minutes trying to beat each other's times.


The medicine I was taking gave me some horrid hot flashes so pretty much from this point on I was sweaty and irritable. Jenn's irritable...feed her!!! So we left and drove to Felix's and had some AWESOME crabcakes.


My first reaction was to take a picture with my phone and post on Facebook. This is the fifth picture AFTER I had eaten half a crabcake and realized my other pictures were crappy.


My sweet hubby also took me to one of my favorite antique stores as well. Antiques at the Loop. I have a really bad habit of touching everything. I like to feel textures. It usually just aggravates Jared but this day I think I really did it. I almost broke a pretty jar sitting high on a shelf. I just had to touch it and of course the top fell off and made a huge noise. It didn't break thankfully...I didn't stop touching either. Some live and learn. I'm not some :)

Monday was supposed to be our big adventure but, again, I was feeling like a zombie. We drove to the outlets and I bought some clothes, felt buyer's remorse, became very silent, regretted not eating breakfast. By the time we got to LuLu's to eat, I was a big sweaty, shaking mess. Low blood sugar, side effects from the antibiotics, wearing jeans in the 90-something degree heat. I love my husband! Trust me, I'm very aware of how awfully dramatic I can be. True story: I cried like a 3 year old when Jared made me take my medicine. Literally. Cried. Standing in the kitchen blubbering about having an allergic reaction to medicines.

JD - You're my hero <3











post signature

3 comments:

T.A. Helton said...

I hope you've started to feel better. How's the food at Felix's? I pass it all the time...but we've never stopped there. What's the best thing to order?

Jenn said...

I am feeling much better now thank you :) I LOVE Felix's crabcakes. They come on top of fried green tomatoes and their Comeback sauce that comes with them is divine! I don't think you can go wrong with the crabcakes. I've had the Seared Ahi Tuna too and it was delish. I obviously really like their food haha.

debby said...

Love the picture of you two crazy kids:)