Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bones

Have you ever started watching a tv show or reading a book and just couldn't wait to get home to finish it or start another episode? Like the Twilight series or watching True Blood religiously every Sunday night requiring complete silence from the fam with the tv on volume 60 for the hearing impaired (I've read the books a couple of times too). Well I'm once again stuck in that rut. I am a huge romance sucker. It doesn't matter how the romance plays out in the story or what the background is. Vampires, lonely farm hand, whatever. I pick up a book and have to read to the end no matter how long the story is just to find out if the couple makes it. Nora Roberts is my FAVE! I steal mom's Noras before she can file them away on the bookshelf. And I often get hooked on tv shows as you can tell by the complete psychotic undertones of my previous sentence about True Blood. Now my obsession is with Bones.



I can't get enough of it. We have Netflix and I come home and want to turn it on as soon as I walk in the door. I've been catching up on all the seasons that Netflix has available. They're one short of all the seasons....I know you're thinking That's absurd! Netflix needs to get with it. Me too!!! I'm thinking the same thing.  Yet again, I was sucked into the romantic vibes between Brennan and Booth. Now I have to watch all the episodes to watch their romance unfold even though I've seen most of these episodes. I'm also secretly thankful that The Hubs has been working so much = I get more time in front of the tv. I make jewelry while watching a show about dead bodies and romance. The perfect combo!



Has anyone else noticed that most of my favorite books and shows involve murder/ the undead in some manner? Should I be worried about that?




post signature

3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

I know just what you mean about books and tv shows. I went through cable withdraws when I moved in with my Mom she has dish network and no premium channels. I'm a big True Blood fan and now I can not watch it :-(. Now I have gotten into watching Criminal Minds, I have this thing about serial killers they intrigue me.
Therese

Jenn said...

I don't know what I would do without True Blood! I wonder if NetFlix has Criminal Minds...I'll have to start watching that next :)

debby said...

You do realize that there are books by Kathy Reichs about Dr. Brennan right?!? Of course the books don't follow the same story line as TV. I have been reading them for years and they are so good but in a different way from the TV series AND most of the books take place in Canada:)