Friday, July 1, 2011

Fantabulous Fridays - Weekend Projects

So I have this list of projects that I have been wanting to get started on. I say "get started" because I rarely finish projects. However, this weekend I am determined to concentrate on a couple of less time-consuming (I think I make up more non-phrases and non-words than anyone I know) projects and actually finish them so that I can take pics, blog, and have some new pretties in our house. So without further babbling, here are the projects that I am going to attempt to recreate.

Fabric Vase Fillers by Landee See Landee Do

I already have styrofoam balls from our wedding that I can undecorate and use for these two projects :)


 Thumbtack Vase Fillers by Landee See Landee Do



Rhinestone Pillow by SewCraftCreate

I love this pillow idea but I don't own a sewing machine. I did just buy some pillow covers from pottery barn that I think REALLY need some rhinestone love and some rosettes.


Tissue Paper Blossoms by SewCraftCreate



And if I have time I might even try to find a super cheap lampshade to make this beauty:


Lampshade Redo by kreyv on Ucreate



If I even get one of these finished this weekend I'll be a very happy camper. I'm thinking I'll start with the pillows. Rhinestones make me happy :) Our house right now is a combination of reds, browns, golds, etc. When I moved in with Jared I tried to make the transition as smooth as possible for him. My apartment was my mecca of colors.....and he likes tan. We compromised on adding a tad bit of color to the browns and khakis that he wanted. And now I need a change of scenery hence the colors above. I'll be back next week to start posting the changes.

Have a great weekend!!




post signature

1 comment:

debby said...

go to goodwill to look for inexpensive lamp shades:) I love the pillows♥