Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cherry Blossom Tree



 It is has been terribly rainy here the past couple of days which makes it almost impossible to get good pictures of anything in our house of shadows. I did manage to get some decent pics of my Cherry Blossom Trees. I made two. I had enough branches for four and probably would have made four but I only have two vases Sigh.

 Materials:
- tissue paper {I used 2 pinks and 2 greens. The light green actually looked a lot better}
- branches {purchased at Hobby Lobby. You could more than likely find some in your yard but I have a thing about getting "real" branches because of bugs....I'm weird.}
- hot glue gun and glue
- I used two tall vases {wedding leftovers} and because they are somewhat top heavy, I put black rocks {also wedding leftovers} into the bottom to give it some weight.




Cut small squares from the pink tissue paper and triangles from the green.


Layer your squares and put the green triangle on the outside of the layers. On some tutorials, they instruct where to put the green triangle but I get really excited about making things and have no patience so I put it wherever my little heart desired. Same effect, I promise.

Grab the layers in the center and bunch together as shown above. I crinkled the tissue paper as well to give it a more realistic appearance. Again, some tutorials instruct to put a dab of glue on the tip of the bunched-up blossom. I twisted the center or tip of the blossom and hot glued it straight to the branches. 


I added some light green leaves on some of the branches after gluing the blossoms. In this lovely picture you can also see my "The Hiestands" subway art that I have yet to hang up. Don't tell JD but that's our project for today. He'll be real happy about hanging something else for me while I micromanage the entire event.

Here's Shooter looking awkward as ever. He wasn't in the picture-taking mood so he just stood there and stared at the floor. That's how he rolls!


 My tutorial skills are lacking. I'm not an expert but I do love to make things and share the process even if my pictures are bad and the furbabies "help". We love it. Hope you enjoyed my take on the Cherry Blossom Tree :)



post signature

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a wonderful idea! Cherry trees are my absolute favorites and now I can have one in bloom in my home for evah! Great idea! Love your furbaby there..;0)

Jenn said...

Doesn't he make the picture look so much better haha

debby said...

your cherry tree blossoms beside the painting of the cherry blossoms is absolutely perfect!!!