Friday, June 10, 2011

Fantabulous Friday - No sew DIY Bedskirt

Over a year ago, I started "redecorating" our house. As most of my projects go, it was a little here a little there. Now I'm ready to start it up again. I was wondering around Better Homes and Gardens' site the other day looking for ideas and came across this:




I love this idea because a). I don't own a sewing machine b). I would rather not sew by hand c). I would like any bit of color (other than brown and kahki) in our bedroom.

I also found another idea that looks just as easy at Kid Smart Living. Their bedskirt, or dust-ruffle, is made and attached with velcro for easy changes. That means that every time I change our sheets and comforter (quite often thanks to Shooter and Bella) I can just velcro on the matching bedskirt.





Another great idea: Cover your box spring with a coordinating fitted sheet. I found this idea over at Martha Stewart's website. I think I'll be going the Martha-route for this one, at least until I make one of the above. Ha, I could be a while on those.





Being added to my project to-do list now :)



post signature

No comments: